About Me

Majestic Window

BDOSGWH072707_0056
Majestic Window
George Washington House
Bush Hill House
Bush Hill, The Garrison
St. Michael, Barbados
Series: George Washington House (Bush Hill House)
(07-27-2007)

Photography is a fickle business. And for professional and amateur camera clickers who have amass thousands of images without sale would know what I mean. A photographer first has to love this medium to be good or successful at it. To be honest a bit of luck can go along way as well.

Well, a spot of luck did come my way. I was approached by Kerri Davis from Hammock Inc. Hammock Inc is a media base company that’s in the business of helping clients tell their stories. In this case their client was DAR, Daughters of the American Revolution. DAR publishes American Spirit magazine every two months. The magazine is well known and has been around since 1892. Hammock Inc revamp American Spirit magazine in 2003 and the circulation has risen to 41,000 plus.

So when Kerri contacted me about using this image for an upcoming piece on the house that George Washington stayed at when he was in Barbados, I was elated to say the least. For those who follow my blog and Flickr space would have noticed I did a piece on the George Washington House in Barbados sometime in the past. The image, Majestic Window, was use (full page) accompanied by an article on Historic Homes – Washington’s Stay in Barbados by Sharon McDonnell.

I have seen the American Spirit issue January / February 2009 and it is lovely. My image is on page 44 and the article was well written. But it is surely wonderful that some 41,000 folks will view the image this January / February 2009.

For more information on the George Washington House please read the set description.

View the entire set.
View as slideshow.
View on Flickriver.
B a r b a d o s I n F o c u s
k e I t h c l a r k e p h o t o g r a p h y

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Great news! It is always good to get some recognition...

    ReplyDelete