About Me

Old Eye Hospital (08-04-2006)


Old Eye Hospital, originally uploaded by pictureinfocus.


Now, Can You Take Care Of Me?
Now, Can You Take Care Of Me?, originally uploaded by pictureinfocus.

BDOS080406_0097A
Old Eye Hospital
The Old Welfare Building (Old Eye Hospital)
Walking Into My Past
Bay Street,
St. Michael, Barbados
(08-04-2006)


This lovely building is The Old Welfare Building (Old Eye Hospital) in Bay Street. I did a post (blog, flickr) sometime earlier. So you can read a bit about the history of the building there.

As a boy I frequently passed this wonderful building on my way to the sea (beach). This is an example of with age comes wisdom. It took many years for me to appreciate this and many other exquisite architectural structures in this amazing land we call Barbados.

So the next time you pass an old architectural wonder in Bim, just take the time to appreciate it.

View the entire set.

Post a Comment

0 Comments