About Me

Girl from the Lost Tribe


BDOSGKD080607_0270
Girl from the Lost Tribe
Mas Band: Baje International
Theme: Lost tribe
Section: The Lost Tribe
Band Leader:
Designer:
National Stadium, St. Michael, Barbados
Series: Barbados Crop Over 2007 - Kadooment Day
(08-06-2007)

Crop Over is a part of me and I love to photograph the annual carnival in Barbados. My preference is to capture the revelers at the starting point as they play mas before the judges in the National Stadium. It encompasses a lot of fast shooting because no one is posing for you. I could take up to two thousand images and hope that some are ok.

This image was entered in the Photo Challenge (Shoot a Celebration) for JPG Magazine February – March issue of 2008. Luck would have it that it was viewed and favored a lot. In the end it was picked for publishing by the editors. That was awesome because of the huge amount of entries. As I said before, it takes a bit of luck as well.

View the entire set.
View the slideshow.
B a r b a d o s I n F o c u s.

Post a Comment

0 Comments