About Me

Sunset at Brownes Beach


Sunset at Brownes Beach, originally uploaded by pictureinfocus.

BDOS072407_0023
Sunset at Brownes Beach
Brownes Beach
Bridgetown, St. Michael
Barbados
Series: Bridgetown End To End
(07-24-2007)


I am at the beach but not to have a sea bath. The sunset is all I desire. It is calm now and the people silhouettes traversing the beach make you wonder of times past.

In the days of enslavement you can only imagine this wonderful stretch of beach with a few slaves thinking they can swim straight across the sea back to Africa.

Surely, like most Barbadians, the love for this small country is huge. The need to escape this paradise is not in the minds of the many. And the urge calling many to the Mother Land is not enough to flee this place.

My Mother Land is will always be Africa. It is so for countless others. Nevertheless, I am sitting here waiting for the sunset. Enjoying and welcoming this magnificence of nature is relaxing to say the least. But I am not trying to escape or flee. Rooting me to this place is my only yearning, my love, my thoughts. Escaping…never…

View the entire set.
View as slideshow.
View on Flickriver.

Post a Comment

0 Comments