About Me

Little Sparrow (08-04-2006)


Little Sparrow, originally uploaded by pictureinfocus.

BDOS080406_0116
Little Sparrow
Walking Into My Past
Browne's Beach
Bay Street,
St. Michael, Barbados
(08-04-2006)


The heat was in the air and the lovely breeze from the beach was welcoming. The little sparrows darted everywhere as I tried to take a shot. A moment of rest on the wing gave me an opportunity and I accepted.

Hunting birds in my youth was big thing for me. It was me against the wild. I became very clever with the gutterperk (slingshot). My mastery of the gutterperk was so good that I often predicted where on the bird’s body I was going to hit.

But I never hunted sparrows. They were just too small and lovely. Thankfully, I no longer hunt birds. The camera has now become my gutterperk.


View the entire set.

Post a Comment

0 Comments