About Me

Roebuck Street: Old Man on Bicycle (08-03-2006)


Old Man on Bicycle, originally uploaded by pictureinfocus.

BDOS080306_0022E
Old Man on Bicycle
Walking Bridgetown
Roebuck Street, Bridgetown,
St. Michael, Barbados
(08-03-2006)


It was hot and humid. My hat was of some use but I was fuming. I walked along Roebuck Street towards my aunt’s floral shop. As a kid I paid no attention to this building or any other building on Roebuck Street.

But I fell in love with it that day. I began to dissect the structure in to pieces with a series of shots. Then this old man rode into my shot. I was angry for a bit but it subsided. I continued to shoot. It did not matter in the end. Hunger took hold of me and I got a Granola Bar from my camera bag and pushed on, looking for the next shot, the next subject, the next…well you get the idea.


View the entire set.

Post a Comment

0 Comments