About Me

St. Michael's Masonic Lodge

BDOSML073007_0007
St. Michael's Masonic Lodge
Masonic Lodge
Pine Road, St. Michael
Barbados, West Indies
Series: Masonic Lodge on Pine Road
(07-30-2007)

My love for walking Barbados is extreme. So much so, the heat of the day never seems discourage me. And like any other day, my wondering feet found me on Pine Road. The old Masonic Lodge caught my eye and I crossed the road to have a closer look. Some folks were hanging around the entrance, so I asked a few questions. But I could not gain entrance to take pictures of the interior. I had to settle for shooting the exterior.

This architectural beauty of limestone and soft-stone was built sometime around 1888. The Lodge was constituted on the 15th of May, 1888. But in the facade to the front of the building is engraved with 1892. Not sure what that date is for.

As of today the Masonic Lodge (St. Michael's Lodge) has been sold. Let us hope the building is not torn down for some crazy condo project or something of the like. Maybe, just maybe, it can be restored and uses as a museum or some commercial business offices.

View the entire set.
View as slideshow.
View on Flickriver.
B a r b a d o s I n F o c u s
k e i t h c l a r k e p h o t o g r a p h y
f a c e b o o k
Book: Old Barbados through Photography
Book: The Parliament Buildings of Barbados

All images are protected by copyright and distributed under licenses restricting copying, distribution and recompilation. Please adhere to the copyright laws.
Copyright © Keith Clarke (keithclarkephotography.com)
All Rights Reserved.

Post a Comment

0 Comments