About Me

BMEX: Caribbean Fashion Week 2008


CFW: Image 18, originally uploaded by pictureinfocus.

BDOS2008BMEX050908_0085
CFW: Image 18
BMEX 2008
Caribbean Fashion Week 2008
Barbados Manufacturers' Exhibition
Sherbourne Conference Centre
9 - 12 May, 2008
Series: BMEX 2008

The fashion show at BMEX 2008 was the highlight of the nights. It was a taste of Caribbean Fashion Week 2008. The drinks wee flowing and the finger food was abundant. Music filled the air, with all the haves and have-nots mingling together.

Well my booth was done for the day and I meandered to the lower floor to watch the fashion show. Armed with my trusted D70s with a Nikon 600 Speed-light, I shot the show. The light was low as you might know. With my slow ass camera I did the best I could. Fashion photography requires a fast camera. The composition may have been ok, but the color and lighting was terrible with most of the images.

I am not a fashion photographer like Laretta Houston or James Dawson, by no stretch of the imagination. Secretly my heart wants to get into that type of photography. Maybe someday I could work with one or both of the photographers mentioned.

So for Caribbean Fashion Week 2008 I did my little thing. The only negative, the show was too short. Enjoy my blend of fashion Photography.

View the entire set.
View as Flickriver.

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Anonymous4:15 PM

    welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As anonymous said, glad to have you back. I hope that you weren’t shy in chatting to the models! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I did compliment one of the models after the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:36 AM

    Barbados had a really great contingent this year, just as the years before.

    More great Caribbean Fashion Week photos at www.popstylejamaica.com, the complete designer collections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamaicanista, thanks for dropping by. The site you have listed is nice. I have bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:41 PM

    Gemstone X Factor (GXF) is an online internet Caribbean community designed and created specifically for Caribbean Fashion.A first of its kind. Its platform caters to Networking, Making of new friends, Promoting, Educating and keeping GXF members and visitors in touch with some of the latest Caribbean fashion trends about in the Caribbean region and Internationally.

    At, GXFactor.com

    ReplyDelete