About Me

Wild Fruit

Wild Fruit
BDOS072507_0056
Wild Fruit
Forde Road, Garden Land
Bridgetown, Barbados
Series: Images Form St. Michael
(07-25-2007)


There are no architectural wonders here. Not even quite possibly a photographic masterpiece. But this strange inedible wild fruit can be found on many fences and back-yards throughout Barbados. I haven’t the slightest clue as to the name of this red wild thing. They look like a wild small cucumber. And to be honest, I really do not believe many folks even realize that they are there.

My first encounter with this oddity was as a child. The kids in the Garden Land used to crush it in mud and water to make mud-pies. Yes, we played make believe cooking and baking. The crazy things kids come up with, and I was no different.

View the entire set.
View as slideshow.
View on Flickriver.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. I love the red in this photo. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by again…

    ReplyDelete