About Me

Welfare Office Building (08-04-2006)


Welfare Office Building, originally uploaded by pictureinfocus.


Old Welfare Building
Old Welfare Building, originally uploaded by pictureinfocus.

BDOS080406_0013B
Welfare Office Building
Walking Into My Past
Country Road,
St. Michael, Barbados
(08-04-2006)


My youth took me to this place plenty of times. It was my task to pick up my grandmother’s welfare check. Even though I did not relish the waiting in line, the big plum tree in the back of the premises was a welcomed treat after. And if that was not enough, the countless tamarind trees near The Sugar Bond trees kept a little boy like me busy.

As always, my grandmother would give me 10 cents for my troubles. So all in all, the Welfare Office was not a bad deal after all.

View the entire set.

Post a Comment

0 Comments