About Me

Gutterperk in Brooklyn


Gutterperk in Brooklyn, originally uploaded by pictureinfocus.

BKLYNWADAD041809_166A-183-225-235C
Gutterperk in Brooklyn
Brooklyn, New York
Series: Gutterperk in Brooklyn
(04-18-2009)

Call me crazy, but I prefer you to call me a big kid. I was walking along Dorchester and saw a broken limb on the sidewalk. Immediately, I saw that I could break a gutterperk fork from the tangle mess of broken branches. Without hesitation I did so. I took my new found gutterperk fork home and took the bark off, and then I left it to dry.

An old shoe tongue provided the leather I needed to make the holder to catapult the rock. Last but not least, the 99 Cent Store enabled me to get the power for my gutterperk, the rubber bands. Without the rubber bands the gutterperk is useless.

Now before you get to thinking I am here in Brooklyn shooting birds, it isn't so. I am working on a project and it requires some images of a gutterperk. And since I did not have one, the only option was to make one. So, there you are.

The little boy in me wants me to travel back in time to that safe place called the Garden Land and shoot a few doves. But I am too old now and I know better. That is, unless someone is prepared to pay me a million dollars to bring me out of retirement, LOL.

View the entire set.
View as slideshow.
View on Flickriver.
B a r b a d o s I n F o c u s
k e i t h c l a r k e p h o t o g r a p h y
f a c e b o o k
Book: Old Barbados through Photography
Book: The Parliament Buildings of Barbados

All images are protected by copyright and distributed under licenses restricting copying, distribution and recompilation. Please adhere to the copyright laws.
Copyright © Keith Clarke (keithclarkephotography.com)
All Rights Reserved.

Post a Comment

0 Comments