About Me

Old Fashion Glass Windows


Old Fashion Glass Windows, originally uploaded by pictureinfocus.

BDOS072506_0175B
Old Fashion Glass Windows
From Here to There
Kensington Old Road, Bridgetown
Barbados
07-25-2006


Yes, you are correct. These are some old fashion windows. You wouldn’t find much of these kinds of windows anymore. However, I can tell you I have history with windows just like this one.

It was my reluctant task to clean the windows when I live in Harts Gap at my aunt’s old brick bungalow. Let me tell you that this was the only chore I hated. As a boy I did not mind going to the shop for a pound of salt or sugar. But to clean the windows every Saturday was just a loathful thing for me. Armed with soapy water, window cleaner, and a host of newspapers, I used to scrub and shine. Achy arms were the result most of time. My aunt was happy, but I wasn’t.

View the entire set.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. A despised task, yes. But I'm sure those windows sparkled when you were done! :)

    Plus, if your regular job doesn't work out you can always fall back on your greatly honed skill of window washing lol :-D

    ReplyDelete